Thursday 16 June 2011

Dude, Where's My Car?

Our cat and next-door's cat woke me at 5am today fighting. They also woke my wife and son.
We think our cat is being bullied by next-door's, so my son snuck off downstairs to attempt to separate them, then with the sounds of a herd of elephants, rushed back upstairs and charged into our bedroom to tell us that my pride and joy had been stolen off the driveway. I can't begin to tell you what a rude awakening that was!

Thieving scum had broken the locks on the patio doors, nipped into the kitchen, grabbed both sets of car keys from the kitchen drawer and then left - apparently without me even noticing, and I'm supposedly the light sleeper in the family :(

Luckily, no-one was hurt and that's the most important thing. Even my wife is more stoic than last time someone attempted to break in a few years ago. However, that might be the end of performance cars for a while, which is somewhat disappointing, but if it helps my wife to feel more comfortable in our own home, then that's the price we have to pay.

I don't hold out much hope of the Police recovering it really. In one respect it would be good to get it back, but in another, you don't know what the thieves did in/with it, so maybe it's better gone. Hopefully if it doesn't come back, the insurers will settle quickly and we can get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment